No, these aren’t for the hubby, but Grandson loves them. His Mom and I were looking for sugar-free and salt-free teething biscuits for baby J to munch on. No such luck. Even some of the organic ones weren’t healthy choices.
So, to the internet I went and found this amazing idea for a teething biscuit!
SUPER easy and healthy too.
Use FRESH, whole wheat bread [your choice]. I used two slices. If baby is still pretty young, I wouldn’t recommend whole grain with chunks of nuts or seeds.
Use caution when giving to baby…be sure s/he is mature enough to handle these
- you can use one slice or two. I tried one slice, but the end result was too skinny - almost like a pencil, and I thought that was a little too pointy for baby.
- remove the crusts from two slices of bread
- layer them slightly at the rounded ends
- firmly roll up the bread slices into a tight roll. while rolling, press firmly up, down and along the bread roll
- smoosh the roll tightly with your palms until the ends are stuck
- there will be two rough ends. cut them off smoothly
- roll up in a paper towel. [I use eco-towels made of recycled paper. They are quite tough. If you use the ‘regular’ kind of paper towel, the bread may stick to them. In this case, use NO towel or try a piece of parchment or brown paper. Do not use waxed paper]
- microwave on HIGH for ONE minute per slice of bread. If using two slices, nuke for one minute, then check the roll. You don’t want to burn it [like I did]. Nuke for 15 seconds more at a time until the bread has hardened. The double roll I made took 1 1/2 minutes in my microwave.
- it will be HOT
- let cool completely before giving to baby
Here’s the original source if you want to check it out